Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's in the box?

Here's what's in our box this week.  I'm excited because I believe this box heralds the advent of summer.  Our first day of summer was this past Monday, and this is the first box to feature ... ZUCCHINI!!!!!!  Hooray for summer, and hooray for summer squash!  I can't wait to make some stellar zucchini bread. 
 Green beans
Radishes
Collard greens
Winter Savory
Torpedo onions
Potatoes
Arugula/spinach mix
Zucchini

Now for some close-ups:

Green beans (these were delicious - crisp and fresh)
Radishes
Collards
 Winter savory (which, by the way, looks so much more like savory than the fennel the farm tried to pass off as savory the last time!)
Torpedo onions
Potatoes
Arugula/spinach mix
And the wonderful zucchini!
I did some menu planning tonight and I am very excited to eat all my planned meals this week.  Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment