Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How'd we do?

Here's how we used each of our veggies (and fruit!) this week.  It was a truly delicious week!  Unfortunately, we had a few ... casualties.

Green basil, Carrots, Spring Onions, and Oregano - Pesto Gnocchi with Roasted Carrots & Onion

Spring Crest Peaches - Peach Cupcakes - these were divine, originated from the food of angels!

Chard and Oregano - Chard quesadilla.  Yum!

Potatoes - Summer Vegetable Potato Salad.  This was killer.

And here's where the disappointment strikes:
Cabbage - I was all set to make an Asian-inspired salad, with cabbage, snow peas, carrots, tofu, red bell peppers, and a tasty peanut dressing.  Alas, when I went to make the salad on Monday night, the cabbage had ... turned?  It wasn't pretty, and I'm pretty sure there were teeny tiny bugs involved.  I improvised and did a version of the salad with romaine instead of cabbage.  I used a Better Home & Gardens recipe as my starting point and then threw together my own version of peanut dressing, using another Vegetarian Times recipe favorite as reference.  The resultant dish was delicious!
Beets - Woe is beets.  Poor things are still lurking in my fridge.  I ... I can't.

Make this now:  If you only make one recipe from my blog this week, I suggest ... it's a tie!  It's impossible to decide between with Summer Vegetable Potato Salad and the Peach Cupcakes.  Both were super.  Do yourself a favor and make both!  They would be great Fourth of July dishes to share with friends and family at that block party.

(You'll see us behind the table at the College Glen neighborhood association's Family Night Out on July 2, serving up complimentary beverages - "orange drink, anyone??" - and wishing we were noshing on Peach Cupcakes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment