Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How'd We Do? (TGIW)

Today is Wednesday - my husband is on his way this very minute to collect our box. Hooray! Tuesdays are tough in our house because they are the last day before the new delivery. Tuesday is the new Friday! I used to do all my grocery shopping and meal planning on the weekends, so by the time that Friday rolled around, our cupboards were bare. Now, it's Tuesdays. But today is Wednesday; we get our new veggies and the planning has already begun!
Last week was a productive and delicious week. Here's how we used the veggies from our box:

• Pea Greens - We sauted the greens in olive oil, with a touch of lemon juice. Served with ooey gooey grilled cheese. See the details here.

• Chard - Chard and Tofu in tangy marinade. Served on a grain medley. Details here.

• Baby Lettuce & Carrots - The Big Salad. (That's a kitchen sink salad - anything goes! Leftover tofu, chickpeas, bell peppers, red onion, dried onion, cranberries, cheese, almonds ... whew! Delicious. We ate this for dinner, lunch, and dinner again!)

• Asparagus & Green Garlic - These two were featured in Asparagus & Leeks on Cheese Toast. I could eat this again RIGHT NOW. Delectable.

• Sun Dried Peaches - We nibbled on a few of these, snack style. But they were HARD as rocks. I wonder if they were meant to be rehydrated?

• Oregano - Oh my goodness, I forgot this was hanging out in the bottom of the crisper drawer, begging to be added to something, anything. I love oregano! I hope it can hold on for another day or two because I have a couple recipes in mind that would really benefit from an oregano bump.

All in all, a great week! Since we started our CSA, we have really limited eating out. I feel much less stressed about menu planning each week, since I have base ingredients around which to construct meals. It's a strangely structured freedom, but I am loving it!

And thank goodness it's Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment